Here are 16 quick ways to save time and money on laundry:
1. Re-wear your jeans, at least 2x.
2. Re-wear and re-purpose. Pj’s worn two nights in a row can be exercise clothes in the morning.
3. If you have only wore it for a few hours, hang it up!
4. Make your own laundry soap. Laundry soap recipes can be found for a dime-a-dozen on the internet for both regular machines and H.E. machines. Homemade laundry soap lasts longer and is much cheaper.
5. Use cold water, it is just as effective as warm/hot.
6. Use a clothes line (indoor or outdoor) to wasting energy by running the dryer. If you do need to run the dryer, run it during cold/winter days and keep your laundry closet/room open. You can warm part of the house and possibly not have to have the heat on.
7. Have a laundry schedule and stick to it!
8. Put clothes away, RIGHT away, to avoid ironing, or hang it up right away at least!
9. De-clutter and de-clothes your closet! Less clothes makes for less laundry! Limit kids to 10 outfits each.
11. Dry a wrinkled garment with a wet cloth for or hang in the bathroom while showering with hot water to avoid ironing.
12. Begin laundry at night, and throw into the dryer in the morning.
13. Make sure your clothes always go into your laundry basket and NEVER on the floor!
14. Keep laundry in closets or laundry room and out of immediate sight.
15. Teach and train children how to sort clothes, transfer to washer and then to dryer, fold and them away. They will be better about taking care of their clothes when they realize how much work it can be to get them washed.
16. Immediately spray or soak a stained garment. After washing hang the garment to dry, rather than putting it through the dryer where stains can be baked on permentantly.